Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lonesome Town

Hello Everybody,
It's been awhile since I wrote. I've posted a few times, but I haven't really written since my first post. I'm feeling a little lonely today so maybe that 's put me in the mood to write...to feel that there's somebody out there who cares enough to listen. Oh, I know that there are plenty of people in my life who care, but it's not the same as when Rick was alive, and I could just talk to him without leaving the comfort of my recliner. Now that sounds lazy, doesn't it? I don't mean it to, it's just that it would be nice to have an "armchair" conversation with my honeyman again...boy! how I miss that man.

Anyway, I'm feeling at a crossroads (if that's the right word) in my business. There's no doubt for me that I will continue to work my business - the best is yet to come, as they say. But I need to find some way to get my face and my name known in our community, so that people will feel comfortable with me. I tend to stay home most of the time and haven't gotten to know many people here. It's just that we live in an older town and there are very FEW places I can get into in my wheelchair. The only business that has bothered to put a little ramp up to their doorway is the place where I work. No one else in town has bothered....which doesn't really give one a very welcome feel.

Back to getting my face known. What do you think is the best way to do that? I went to Bingo last week, and I'm planning to do the Saturday morning farmer's market where I can sell crafts that I've made. But I still need to find a way to make bookings. I know.... leave me a post giving me your suggestion and I'll put your name in a drawing. The lucky winner will win a package of Sassy Strands.

Guess that's it for now. I'm looking forward to see what you recommend.

Tata

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan...Not sure where you live, but check out meetup.com. Maybe you could start a workshop group. That's how I found my upline here in Las Vegas, & I'm already planning to set one up when I move to Spanaway, WA next week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my name out there too...but maybe you can find a widow group to join (or start one if you can't find one). That will help get you out of the house and meet others in the same situation. You might find people in the group that like to scrapbook or make cards...or want to learn.

    ReplyDelete